Accelerate your business performance with content that is managed, secure, and accessible. It's easy with eDOCS.
Evans & Dixon Success Story
Attorneys used to take home big suitcases on wheels. Now, it's all in the palm of their hands, on their phones or tablets. It’s just a world of difference.
– Jeff Sheldon, CIO, Evans & Dixon
Learn More About How OpenText Can Help You
- Business Needs
- Resource Center
In today’s business environment, information needs to be secure and compliant, yet easy to work with. You need rapid ways to save it, find it, share it, and collaborate on it.
OpenText™ eDOCS is a light-footprint, cost-effective, highly-flexible Enterprise Content Management (ECM) solution for the Microsoft Office environment that “works the way you do”. It provides an intuitive and collaborative work environment—ensuring sensitive work product is managed, secure, and governed throughout the content lifecycle, while remaining easily accessible for day-to-day operations.
eDOCS provides intuitive ways to organize, work with, share, and collaborate on business information—including documents, emails, images, and more. eDOCS technology is also fast to deploy, available across mobile devices, and easily integrates with third-party technology solutions.
Featured eDOCS Solutions
Capture, govern, find and securely collaborate on your preferred work product in a highly secure, centralized repository accessible from mobile devices, tablets, laptops, and the cloud.Learn More
Extend governance to rapidly exploding volumes of emails. Capture, organize, and classify email alongside relevant content, while complying with privacy and corporate governance requirements.Learn More
Classify, manage, and govern of all types of records, including physical, electronic, e-mails, and images – from within an eDOCS document management library. Ensure defensible disposition to eliminate document volumes and reduce eDiscovery risk and associated costsLearn More
eDOCS works the way you do
As the speed and complexity of business accelerates, you need to do more, faster, with existing resources. eDOCS offers a superior user experience to boost your productivity:
- Simplified ways of filing and classifying your documents
- Seamless integration with the Microsoft Office tools
- Powerful search capabilities to locate information rapidly and securely
- Mobile access to the DM repository at anytime, from anywhere.
eDOCS administration tools streamline system management and maintenance activities, so you can work quickly and efficiently. They provide simple ways to manage an individual server, a cluster of servers, search indexes, and document management libraries. Administrators can work in their own environment, from the convenience of their own desktop.
Assurance that your content is managed, secure, and accessible
Exploding volumes of information, increased regulation, and heightened security threats from inside and outside the organization have intensified the need for information governance. Sound practices for information management are no longer “nice to have”—they are critical to success.
At the foundation of eDOCS are robust document, email, and records management technologies. We continually innovate these essential elements to meet ever-changing security requirements. With eDOCS your high-value business content is managed throughout its lifecycle, yet remains instantly accessible for editing, sharing, and collaboration.
Insights to streamline and grow your business
In today’s business environment, information has become far more than just a collection of artifacts documenting past decisions. It has become a strategic asset that many believe is the most valuable untapped resource in the organization today. With the ability to analyse your business information, you can extract insights from your content and identify new opportunities for growth and profitability. As businesses create content in new formats and stored it in multiple locations, eDOCS not only captures and manages content but also provides critical analytics and discovery capabilities.
Capture, govern, find and securely collaborate on your preferred work product in a highly secure, centralized repository accessible from mobile devices, tablets, laptops, and the cloud.
- Boost your business productivity while reducing risk
- Increase ROI with streamlined deployment and management
Extend governance to rapidly exploding volumes of emails. Capture, organize, and classify email alongside relevant content, while complying with privacy and corporate governance requirements.
- Maximize the value of business content in email
- Enable the management of emails from mobile devices
Classify, manage, and govern of all types of records, including physical, electronic, e-mails, and images –from within an eDOCS document management library. Ensure defensible disposition to eliminate document volumes and reduce eDiscovery risk and associated costs
- Meet worldwide compliance regulations
- Minimize the risk and cost of litigation
Meet compliance requirements, reduce storage costs and eDiscovery risks. Provide seamless access to content for business users across all your organizations content repositories.
- Cost effective storage for high-value business content
- Eliminate redundancy while meeting compliance requirements
Monitor the usage of your document management repository, report on end user activity in real-time, and prevent information security leaks from inside the organization.
- Protect sensitive materials from theft or unauthorized disclosure
- Establish rules for a variety of user activities
Integrate eDOCS with MBPM to gain workflow capabilities and automate document-related processes within your organization.
- Accelerate new business intake while lowering overhead costs, better managing risks
- Identify new areas for profitability and improved customer service
Access business content stored in eDOCS within the context of workflow approval screens and third party apps, such as billing, ERP, CRM, and customer-specific host applications.
- Reduce rekeying of data or switching between applications
- Improve your productivity and streamline decision-making
Enable collaborative work environments while ensuring content published on your SharePoint intranet or extranets are governed and compliant.
- Synchronize versions of content residing both in SharePoint and eDOCS
- Reduce risk, costs, and versioning complexity
Transform raw information into meaningful intelligence to help make better-informed decisions.
- Enables improved decisions to optimized business processes
- Simplifies information access, retrieval and analysis
Consolidate information trapped in silos into a common information platform for discovery, analysis and action.
- End-to-end migration of content from one or many repositories across your organization
- Transform, enrich, and direct information access to decision support systems and corporate applications
Free your employees from the office environment by enabling them to find, view, edit, create, and share business content anytime, anywhere, from most mobile devices.
- Boost the productivity of your workforce with flexible, 24/7 access
- Reduce security threats with Mobile Device Management (MDM) technology
Seamless integration with AutoCAD lets you work more effectively with engineering documents while incorporating them into enterprise document repositories for easy organization and retrieval.
- Minimize time spent looking for or recreating drawings
- Improve collaboration by making drawings accessible across the organization
Ensure documents in your DM repository are easy to work with and safe to share, both inside and outside your organization.
- Modify documents in your DM with annotations and comments
- Make redactions to block out sensitive information
- Publish securely as a PDF, TIF, or expiring content sealed format (CSF) file
Only one solution could meet our stringent requirements for providing a full audit history of every item, with version control, in a secure environment—OpenText Document Management, eDOCS Edition.
This new version will help legal professionals throughout the Council of Europe States search the court’s case law more rapidly and more efficiently.
Preview eDOCS 16.3
Information Matters Blogs
Content Chaos Holding You Down? Cut the Ropes!
Fighting the ROT in your Firm
Addressing the Challenges of User Adoption
Resist the Dark Side— Govern Cloud Content, You Must