OpenText Document Management
Capture, store & track the lifecycle of your electronic documents with OpenText Document Management software systems.
OpenText Content Server is the core content repository and foundational document management technology for the OpenText Enterprise Content Suite, giving control over documents and business content across the enterprise by securing and storing it througout its lifecyle.
Document management through Content Server will allow you to:
- Implement and track good corporate information governance practices and reduce the risk of non-compliance
- Improve employee productivity through faster and easier information retrieval
- Increase return on investment (ROI) through accelerated productivity and low cost of deployment and ownership
- Leverage other technology investments by scaling OpenText Document Management to grow with your needs
OpenText Document Management Sofware Solutions:
- Reduce corporate risk through good information governance practices
- Increase ROI through low cost of deployment and ownership
- Improve personal productivity and corporate agility
- Capture and extract the value in your electronic document assets
- Leverage technology investments
- Enterprise calibre: The Oracle 11g R2 and Oracle RAC databases delivers extreme performance and is the ideal database platform for content and document rich applications.
- Organise and share electronic documents: Document Management manages any type of electronic document in any file format. You can organise electronic documents into hierarchies of folders and compound documents within three types of workspaces that reflect the different ways in which people work: the Enterprise Workspace; Project Workspaces; and Personal Workspaces.
- Apply custom metadata to documents: Document Management lets you associate extra information, called metadata, with documents. Metadata is indexed and can be used to easily retrieve and generate reports on documents based on your custom criteria. Each piece of metadata information is an attribute, and sets of attributes can be grouped into categories that can be associated with any document. You can also add to your attributes, which improves the accuracy of attributes and enhances query precision.
- Classify documents according to alternate taxonomic hierarchies: Multiple taxonomic classifications can be associated with documents in their original locations. This lets you browse and search documents in the Document Management repository according to taxonomies that differ from the one implied by the folder structure, without having to create multiple copies of documents.
- Rate and critique documents: Document Management allows you to rate the value of a document and write a critique that is saved with the document and viewed by other users. In addition to providing users with lists of the most highly rated documents, the solution tracks document usage to show the most recent and frequently accessed documents.
- Automate change request, review and approval processes: Document Management's graphical Workflow Designer tool enables you to automate document management processes, such as document change requests and document review and approval processes, to ensure that they are carried out accurately and consistently. You can design processes according to your own requirements or according to those imposed by regulatory agencies.
- Work directly from popular document authoring tools: Document Management allows users of popular desktop authoring tools, including Lotus Mail and Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook, to open and save documents directly from the repository. Using Windows Explorer, users can drag and drop documents and folders between their desktop and the repository. Document Management also supports the WebDAV protocol, allowing users of WebDAV-compliant desktop applications to connect directly to the repository.
- Email documents to and from the repository: You can assign a unique email address to folders in the OpenText Document Management repository, thereby allowing users to email document attachments directly to a particular folder. Each document in the repository has an Email function, enabling the document's link or the document itself to be emailed to any recipient.
- Use permissions to fine-tune access to documents: You can set up to nine levels of permissions on a document or folder in the Document Management repository. This helps you fine tune the type of access that you want to grant to individuals and groups based on corporate policies. For example, some users may not have the permission to even see a document, others may have the permission to only view a document, and others may be able to modify or delete a document.
- Audit all document events: Use Document Management's comprehensive audit trail functionality to automatically record the date, time and performer of every type of event that can be performed on a document. Events that can be recorded include document creation, renaming, reserving or unreserving, adding or deleting versions, viewing and so on.
- Find documents with simple or advanced search: Document Management's Web interface includes a simple search bar on every page that supports full-text or natural language querying within the folder or across the entire repository. The solution also includes an advanced search form for building search queries using system and custom metadata, taxonomic classifications, Boolean operators, and modifiers such as Soundex and a thesaurus. Search result pages provide result rankings, automatic summaries, clustered result themes, hit-highlighting and Find Similar. Users can save queries, result snapshots and multiple search form templates.
- Control and manage document versions: Control document versions and prevent multiple authors from overwriting each other's work using Document Management's check-out and check-in functions. When a user checks out a document, it can be viewed, but not modified, by other users. Users can access the complete version history of a document and view the content of previous versions.
- Generate document usage reports: Document Management includes predefined reports, such as a list of the largest documents or all the documents owned by a given user. In addition, Document Management includes a report-building tool for creating custom reports.
- Manage compound documents: Use Document Management's compound document containers to manage documents that comprise multiple document files. Within a compound document, sub-documents can be ordered and nested compound documents can be created. You can create major releases and minor revisions of compound documents as well as links that point directly to a particular release or revision.
Featured ECM Downloads
Information Governance Basics
Visit the website
Download more information about OpenText Document Management: