Business Process Management (BPM)
Automating core business processes to improve efficiency, reduce costs, ensure compliance, and significantly increase service levels to constituents inside and outside the organisation.
OpenText Business Process Management (BPM) Solutions Suite
- Business Needs
- Resource Centre
Business Process Management with OpenText Process Suite
What is Business Process Management?
OpenText Business Process Management (BPM) Suite enables businesses to rapidly understand and automate even the most complex processes with software tools that allow strategic CIOs to work with lines of business to identify new opportunities to drive their agenda of growth and innovation.
The BPM Process Suite consist of solutions for case management, master data management, service delivery and business process transparency. It provides process capability for all OpenText product suites through AppWorks integration. These developer tools and APIs accelerate time to value for customers, and amplify their ability to iterate and innovate critical process capabilities.
The OpenText Business Process Management Platform
The OpenText Cordys BPM engine enables organisations to tackle their most pressing and complex process automation and case management challenges from a single platform. This solution includes a full set of tools within the core platform, including:
- Business Process Management (BPM) – to manage end-to-end processes across systems and applications efficiently and effectively covering integration centric and human centric workflows.
- Dynamic Case Management – to empower knowledge workers to achieve business outcomes and goals for cases or work units that combine structured data and unstructured information. Knowledge workers are guided through the process and have the ability to influence and change the process as per their judgement while keeping full transparency at the same time.
- Master Data Management (MDM) - manage your critical business data within a uniform, single source platform.
- Business Rules Management - seamlessly integrates rules within business processes and business objects during modelling and design time.
- OpenText Process Component Library – this set of prebuilt service delivery components and reports enables organisations to “assemble” rather than code applications and deploy them much faster than traditional tools.
- Process Experience – to support a single and intuitive work experience for users, no matter which process engine may be driving a process on the back end.
- BPM Everywhere – this is a social platform to allow users to participate in processes with a very simple and intuitive user interface. It also supports tablet and other mobile platforms.
- OpenText AppWorks Gateway – this is a set of RESTful APIs and developer resources across the broader EIM stack to allow developers to easily create solutions that span the breadth of the OpenText EIM portfolio.
BPM and Process Suite Add-On Products
We provide a number of add-ons that extend the technical functionality of the Process Suite. These add-ons are separate products and may be purchased separately; they provide features such as extended reporting and analytics, enterprise and business architecture design, and document and image capturing. More detail on the add-ons is available via the Products tab above.
OpenText Process Suite Applications
Developed using the Process Suite platform, these applications serve to package a rich set of functionality aimed at addressing specific business problems. Applications ensure the fastest possible route to addressing business issues, and providing your business with that out of the box experience.As with other Process Suite solutions, applications are highly configurable to ensure you can provide the agility your business requires as needs change.
An example of a Process Suite Application is:
- OpenText Cloud Provisioning - allows organisations to create, automatically provision, and orchestrate on-premises and cloud-based services that make up a new product, value added service or application.
From credit unions, mortgage lenders, to media companies and the Department of Homeland Security, OpenText has helped customers achieve a variety of critical results including reducing time to value by 75 per cent, and doubling customer service requests processed with no additional headcount. We are proud of the respect that OpenText Process Suite has earned from both customers and analysts.
Dynamic Case and Process Management Solutions
Build the solutions you need to generate the business results you’re after.
Process Suite 16 was designed to provide the flexibility and control in designing, building and deploying solutions to meet today’s market requirements. The simplified and intuitive application development platform provides business experts with the ability to design their application and communicate requirements to IT shortening the time to delivery. Add to that integrations that support context-rich process and the ability to orchestrate processes across functions, systems, machines and clouds, for an ideal process and case management solution.
These capabilities plus pre-built applications provide the agility and functionality desired to build the right solution at the right time.
Building Solutions with OpenText Process Suite
As a single platform that enables processes to flow from structured to unstructured seamlessly, Process Platform delivers the agility needed for dynamic market conditions. We have customers using it across many industries including finance, manufacturing, media and entertainment and public sector. The case management capabilities are used for claims, complaints and incident management as well as loan processing.
So What’s Your Business Need?
Onboarding – Customers, Partners or Employees
- Accelerate on boarding by standardizing organizational processes and orchestrating those processes across applications, customers and employees.
- Increase productivity, address compliance requirement and shorten time to revenue with effective and efficient onboarding.
Managing Digital & Brand Assets
- Bring discipline, governance and control to the creation and use of digital assets
- Manage the processes from scheduling to creation to production to distribution and use effectively reducing errors and lowering costs
Supply Chain Management
- Extend supply chain processes beyond ERP systems and Business Networks to reduce exposure to shocks and disruptions
- Gain visibility into their supply chains processes avoiding delays and potential extra costs.
Improving Customer Service
- Streamline the processes used to support call centers, services calls, claims and inquiries.
- Gain the visibility to be more proactive in delivering service and support the customer journey
OpenText Process Suite Platform puts the business in direct control of their processes and fosters alignment between business and IT, resulting in tangible benefits for both. Process Suite Platform offers one platform, accessed simply through a web browser and built from the ground up to be truly multi-tenant and to support all of the deployment models required for on-premise, private or public clouds
- Deliver applications faster with a complete range of integration, process and application design capabilities in a single platform
- Increase agility and flexibility with an extensive library of out-of-the-box connectors, a cloud ready enterprise service bus, and business process centric orchestration of cloud services.
Elevate the productivity of your development team to the next level. Switch from creating components to assembling components and create better business-oriented solutions faster.
- Assemble and configure pre-built components for both Process and Case Management applications and focus on value creation instead of software construction.
- Use out of the box integration components to rapidly link new systems with existing systems and create solutions that harness the power of mobile and leverage collaboration though social..
Connecting people, process and systems becomes easier. Whether within business processes, across processes, even across systems, BPM Everywhere enables you to:
- Provide simple, contextual access to information
- Deliver collaboration at thepoint people need it
- Better leverage social interactions
Appworks is the new OpenText developer platform that allows you to quickly and easily build well-designed, purpose-specific apps for your enterprise.
- Create, deploy and manage apps that connect to OpenText services
- Low cost application development using pervasive web technology
- Write once, deploy to all platforms (web browser, smartphone and tablet)
Process Suite Applications
Increase compliance, reduce costs and shorten contract processing time
- Enforce contract standardization and minimize risk
- Accelerate cycle times and reduce operational costs
- Proactively manage renewals for increased revenue and cost savings
- Control archiving and dispositions
Gain management and control of procurement processes with full transparency
- Manage all phases of the procurement process flow
- Integrate multiple enterprise systems, reusing existing IT investments
- Accelerate, best-value strategic sourcing
- Reduce costs and process time with streamlined procurement process
OpenText Process Intelligence delivers advanced dashboard reporting and analytics to increase visibility into processes, enabling better measurement and ultimately, smarter business decisions by management.
- Empower business stakeholders to take action as quickly as possible
- Meet service level objectives by monitoring process performance metrics
- Improve decisions with better data aggregation, correlation, and visualisation
- Leverage applications that are designed for people, but built for change.
OpenText ProVision provides you the ability to discover, model, analyse, and optimise your business. The resulting blueprint helps to drive change and reach strategic goals across your enterprise. ProVision offers multi-layered visibility into your business strategies, including how people, processes, systems, and technologies can be aligned to attain them.
- Create a blueprint for change and transformation
- Identify and quantify the impact of business change alternatives
- Provide gap analysis and roadmaps for change
- Helps eliminate waste and improve business processes
- Connect business strategy with IT implementations
- Links corporate strategy with execution
- Connect people, process and technology
Better Case Management - Read the Insight Brief from Digital Clarity Group
Evolve your RFP Process - Read the Whitepaper
As we continue to build new digital experiences online, we really want to re-purpose content rapidly in ways that we couldn’t in the past. Having content readily available in Media Management makes it much easier to find, repurpose, and build out those beautiful digital experiences.
Now that we have the OpenText Extended ECM solution integrated with SAP Business Suite on HANA, we have much better control of the transactional data on one hand and transactional documents on the other hand.
The solution is very flexible and it allows us to develop processes which meet the needs of individual customers, to brand them to those customers, and to give our customers’ end users a solution which they feel is theirs and works exactly the way they want it to work.
Product: OpenText Process Suite
We've been able to reduce the complexity of our IT infrastructure and that has resulted in lower operational costs. The old system prevented us from having a practical redundancy policy, it was too complex. OpenText Cordys, with one single, central database, has eliminated those barriers.
Product: OpenText Process Suite