OpenText Extended Collaboration
Drive innovation with collaboration across the enterprise
To maximize agility and responsiveness, companies today are focused on improving collaboration among employees, partners, and customers. Effective collaboration connects people and processes across the extended enterprise to circulate ideas, experiences and knowledge. People can quickly form cross-functional project teams, capture shared knowledge, manage processes and meet project deadlines even across geographic and departmental boundaries.
Many organizations today are also facing a demographic shift as the baby boomer generation prepares for retirement. As a result, effectively capturing shared knowledge becomes a vital part of efforts to minimize knowledge gaps and preserve critical intellectual capital.
OpenText Extended Collaboration (formerly Livelink ECM - Extended Collaboration) delivers the tools teams need to collaborate effectively by combining a robust knowledge repository with project workspaces, polls, news channels, tasks and milestones. For broader community applications, specialized enterprise-ready tools like forums, blogs, wikis, and real-time chat, along with newsletter views, FAQs, and event calendars help promote shared expertise and best practices. These tools deliver content in an intuitive environment, encouraging people to work together while capturing critical project information. Underpinned by industry leading Enterprise Content Management (ECM) security and access-control policies, organizations can extend best practices in managing business content to the use of emerging social networking tools.
Your foundational investment in Collaboration allows you to:
- Safely deliver the emerging Web 2.0 social networking tools business users demand
- Work more effectively with customers and partners
- Accelerate and simplify collaboration with real-time capabilities
- Protect corporate content across the enterprise with strong records management
- Bring governance to emerging social networking tools
- Enhance organizational efficiency and agility
- Capture and leverage the value of collaborative work and best practices
- Improve business relationships
- Ensure security and reduce corporate risk
- Effectively connects employees, partners, and customers across geographic, departmental and organizational boundaries, integrating these relationships into processes and procedures.
- Reduces project cycles by helping teams monitor and collaborate on all project-related information, such as tasks, project status, and deadlines.
- Enables quick launch of new communities with built-in wizards and templates, including industry and expert community templates.
- Enables prolific community members to share knowledge through enterprise-ready tools like blogs, forums, and wikis.
- Enables collaboration in real time through chat and screen and application sharing, along with email notifications of new content.