OpenText Extended ECM for SAP® Solutions
Many business processes, in both commercial and government organizations, span the worlds of transactional data and business content. OpenText Extended ECM (sold by SAP as SAP Extended ECM by OpenText) extends the transactional process management capabilities of SAP ERP with comprehensive Enterprise Content Management (ECM) capabilities, including document management, records management and collaboration. With OpenText Extended ECM, you can unite the worlds of ERP and ECM in a single solution, reducing the risks and costs of records mismanagement, increasing information worker productivity and enhancing your ability to comply with regulations.
- Access enterprise content via SAP interfaces
- Mitigate risk by maintaining content integrity
- Enhance customer service levels
- Improve overall information management
- Reduce costs of enterprise content management
- Maximize ROI of your SAP investments
- Reduce TCO of your IT environment
- Capture ideas, experience and knowledge
- Stimulate innovation and creativity
- Increase speed and adaptability to change
- Apply records management controls to SAP content
Business processes, such as case management, tax and revenue management, grants management, contract management, agenda management, vendor invoice management, budget formulation, performance management, lease and contract management, HR processes and more, must deal with large volumes of business content, including paper, electronic forms, email, office documents and so on. This content must be captured, managed, stored, preserved and delivered to the right user, at the right time and in the right place. The “right user” means only those users that are authorized to see the information. The “right time” is as soon as they need it. The “right place” for SAP users is in the context of SAP transactions, directly within your SAP interfaces. Even non-SAP users have access via OpenText Extended ECM’s native Web interface.
OpenText Extended ECM manages all forms of content throughout the entire content lifecycle. OpenText Extended ECM combines secure, automated capture, storage, and organization of documents with archiving, records management, and imaging functionality. In addition, it provides team collaboration, collaborative workflow and search and retrieval capabilities.
With OpenText Extended ECM, you can mitigate risk while improving productivity and information accessibility. For organizations like yours, no other solution is better suited to help you meet your enterprise content and records management obligations and improve overall organizational performance.
Learn more about the key capabilities of OpenText Extended ECM:
- Comprehensive ECM: OpenText Extended ECM is a complete ECM application that allows you to manage content-centric business processes, complementing your SAP applications’ ability to manage transaction-centric processes. Review activity logs around archived SAP documents including who viewed or edited documents, when, and why. Execute powerful full-text searches across archived and records managed SAP objects.
- Imaging: Manage high-volume and low-volume scanning requirements, recognize electronic forms, automate metadata tagging, and enhance scanned images. Support key business systems and all major scanning hardware, quickly and cost-effectively turning paper documents into digital business assets. Automatically render content into standardized formats to ensure future readability.
- Virtual views: Access business-related documents from any location, ensuring consistent information flow and increasing the efficiency of global business processes. Integrate content from multiple SAP and non-SAP systems to create virtual views.
- Archiving of ECM content as well as SAP data and documents: Archive petabytes of digital content, including content in the OpenText Extended ECM application as well data and documents from SAP applications. Content retrieval and response remains fast, reliable, and transparent. Write content onto alternate, unchangeable storage media, authenticate it with time stamps, and retain audit trails within the archive. Identify duplicate instances of content within the file system to eliminate redundant copies and automatically compress content. Define rules specifying storage hardware for archiving.
- Records management: Manage the lifecycle of electronic and physical records according to internal policies and regulation requirements. Create classification plans, retention periods and disposition policies. Place holds on items scheduled for destruction. Designate vital and official records for faster disaster recovery.
- U.S. Department of Defense 5015.2 certification for records management: OpenText Extended ECM is certified to meet internationally recognized standards for records management including Department of Defense 5015.2 chapters 2 and 4.
Enterprise Content Management in the Context of Your SAP® Environment
- Content World 365 - OpenText Extended ECM for SAP® Solutions 10: Putting Content in Business Context
- Executive Brief: Extended ECM for SAP Solutions
- Solution Brief: Advance Project Management with Enterprise Content
- Solution Brief: Connecting Enterprise Content to SAP® Business Suite
- Solution Brief: Expanding Investigative Case Management Applications
- Solution Brief: OpenText Extended ECM for Grid Construction Management
- Solution Overview: OpenText Extended ECM for SAP Solutions
- Whitepaper IDC: Enterprise Content Meets Enterprise Business Processes
- Article: Making All Data Actionable - Using SAP Extended ECM to bring structure to the unstructured
BwFuhrpark Service GmbH - Driving Digital Efficencies. The Bundeswehr Fuhrpark Service GmbH leverages electronic records managed by SAP Extended ECM by OpenText to provide the right vehicle at the right time and the right place for the German Armed Forces.