OpenText Document Access for SAP® Solutions
Extend your SAP system with a process-oriented and application-spanning view of all business documents and data.
Your business processes interact with many different SAP modules and systems, as well as different non-SAP systems. From SAP ERP, to SAP CRM and SAP PLM, you must ensure that you have a complete and accurate understanding of your business processes and the significance of the output.
- Ultimate process transparency in SAP with 360 degree views on SAP data and documents along business process lines and in the right business context
- Immediate productivity increase at minimal training costs through intuitive user interface
- Improve operational efficiency and productivity by integrating business documents with SAP transactions and workflows
- Eliminate the costs for paper and microfiche archives
- Reduce the total cost of ownership for the IT landscape by supporting data archiving and legacy decommissioning
- Ensure compliance and reduce risk by secure long-term archiving of SAP data and documents
OpenText Document Access for SAP Solutions (sold by SAP as SAP Document Access by OpenText) is SAP module and system-independent and ensures the complete transparency of your business processes.
Document Access for SAP Solutions is a comprehensive suite, which includes capabilities such as mass document scanning, local scanning for confidential documents, batch input interfaces and desktop document integration with rendition to long-term formats. In addition, the solution can be optionally extended to capture email content. Also Imaging Viewers are provided with notes and annotation capabilities.
Going far beyond standard document scenarios in the SAP environment, Document Access for SAP Solutions adds a process-oriented view to all business documents and data. Users are provided with a Windows Explorer-like navigation structure that gives them a document-centric view of business processes. Even occasional users can easily retrieve content using the customizable folder navigation structures. ArchiveLink PLUS provides enhanced user experience with compelling attachment lists and full text search. In addition, the solution can be easily extended with the full spectrum of ECM technologies offered by the OpenText Suite for SAP Solutions.
Document Access for SAP Solutions is embedded in standard SAP user interfaces like SAPGUI and SAP NetWeaver® Portal, eliminating additional client rollouts and reducing total cost of ownership.
OpenText Document Accessfor SAP® Solutions Details
- Robust storage architecture based on OpenText Enterprise Library
- High performance, massively scalable platform
- Support for all leading storage platforms and media types
- Full support for high availability, replication, caching and disaster recovery
- Secure, validated storage with encryption, timestamp and digital signature
- Enables flexible storage and retrieval
- Incoming documents of all types (scanned paper documents, faxes, electronic documents of various formats, emails)
- Desktop documents with direct integration in the MS Office applications and rendition to long term format
- Outgoing documents (documents that were created in SAP application components, such as purchase orders, invoices, reminder letters, delivery notes)
- Print lists (generated by SAP system reports)
- SAP data archiving files (reorg files) via the ArchiveLink interface
- SAP NetWeaver ILM data files via the SAP ILM WebDAV interface
- Batch processing for mass document input, including COLD documents, host output or digitalized paper archives from scan providers.
- Forms management and forms overlay
- Imaging software integrated with SAP
- High-volume scanning with output formats PDF, PDF/A and searchable PDF, supporting all ArchiveLink scenarios including start of SAP Workflow or barcode recognition.
- Desktop scanning for occasional scanning and/or confidential documents
- Image viewer with notes and annotations (Web, Java, and Windows editions)
- Business process views with DocuLink for SAP Solutions
- Dynamic folder views on SAP data and documents, fully configurable
- Spanning SAP modules and SAP systems
- Ability to integrate external data and documents
- Ability to integrate archived data in folder views
- Integrated in GOS for direct access from SAP transactions
- Fully Web-enabled as iViews in SAP NetWeaver Portal or as WebUI for custom Web applications
- Integrating of SAP PLM with scanning to SAP DMS and folder views on SAP DMS data and documents
- Integration of SAP CRM with folder views in the SAP Customer Interaction Center (CIC)
- ArchiveLink PLUS
- Customizable additional attributes for ArchiveLink documents
- Compelling attachment list with additional attributes and thumbnail view
- Full text search on ArchiveLink documents
- OpenText Archiving and Document Access for SAP Solutions Whitepaper
- OpenText Archive Server Whitepaper (Why Archiving Matters)
- OpenText Data Archiving for SAP Solutions Product Overview
- OpenText DocuLink for SAP Solutions Product Overview
- OpenText Document Access for SAP Solutions Product Overview
- SAP Insider Article: Access Structured and Unstructured Information across the Enterprise
- SAP Insider Article: Stay on Top of Content Growth and Regulations
- SAP Insider Article: The Information Lifecycle Management Solution Suite for SAP
- SAP Insider Special Report: Why an Economic Downturn Is the Right Time to Consider ILM
- SAP Document Access & SAP Archiving by OpenText - Streamlining the Process of Upgrading SAP ERP
- SAP Document Access & SAP Archiving by OpenText Solution Brief
- SAP Document Access & SAP Archiving by OpenText Solution in Detail
ECM solution provides customer service agents with a greater ability to address customer issues as quickly as possible.