OpenText Web Experience Management
Attract visitors to your site and drive exceptional online experiences by quickly locating meaningful and relevant content
Your customers expect to access your web content seamlessly, in a highly tailored and contextualized experience, across a myriad of channels and devices. A scalable, interactive website that can handle traffic and day-to-day transactions is your opportunity to engage customers with targeted interfaces and establish meaningful connections.
Today's cross-functional enterprise requires a unified and secure web experience and content management platform. Only OpenText Web Experience Management combines responsive design, omni-channel touch points, and the creation of compelling experiences with a platform that supports the ubiquitous management of information, regardless of channel or device.
OpenText Web Experience Management (WEM) is built for high-volume, transaction-oriented web applications across all customer-centric touch points – Intranet or extranet, public or private. Architected for the global enterprise and designed for business users, WEM transforms online transactions into actionable strategic insight. Offering the rich functionality that an enterprise application demands, its usability-focused, simplified features enable organizations to elevate the overall web experience and cater to the unique needs of all customers.
What OpenText Web Experience Management Can Do For You
OpenText Web Experience Management delivers the following benefits:
- Leverage responsive design to display content consistently across mobile devices
- Increase revenue by satisfying customers with compelling experiences and meaningful conversations
- Take advantage of every customer touch point with device neutral, content-centric experiences.
- Gain competitive advantage by aligning IT and business digital strategies, processes and technologies
- Identify possible process improvements for optimizing marketing effectiveness
View more product features on the Product Details tab or view the infographic.
Why Choose OpenText Web Experience Management?
- Responsive and contextual browsing: An intuitive design interface encourages business users to create a web presence based on the principles of responsive design to deliver optimized, non-disruptive experiences.
- Tailored compelling experiences: Build meaningful relationships by creating contextual, compelling content with persona-based segmentation. Real-time customer insights and analytics ensure that content is always insightful and compelling.
- Provide consistent omni-channel experiences: Leverage every customer touch point with device neutral, content-centric experiences.
OpenText Web Experience Management supports all enterprise information, platforms, languages, and devices with the following new features to help organizations exceed customers' online expectations:
- Built on responsive design principles: WEM supports different screen sizes, adaptive layouts and navigation, is search engine friendly, and provides selective content experiences by device. View the responsive design demo.
- Enhanced in-line editing: Easily edit within the authoring system with drag and drop, HTML5, and other functions that make authoring more intuitive. For customers using WEM to build web presences that leverage HTML5 and CSS3, a sample site built on the highly regarded open-source Twitter Bootstrap framework is provided; view a demo of in-context editing tools available in WEM.
- Manage all responsive content and supporting formats as one instance: Authors need only manage metadata, search engine keywords, standard language translations, and mobile formations from one location.
- Support for adaptive design: Delivers granular-level segmentation and targeting capabilities that can be executed at the content, component or regional level. With the addition of new out-of-the-box marketing campaign and ad teaser page components, end users are provided with optimized content experiences tailored to their unique business needs. For a demo on segmentation and targeting capabilities, visit the demo tab.
- Flexible segmentation and targeting rules: Pull user characteristics from social media networks, integrated systems or pre-defined locations to target content accordingly.
- Rich media support: WEM includes native Rich Media Management capabilities for managing images, video, and podcasts.
- Built-in social media features: For building engaging, community-driven sites WEM provides out-of-the-box, reusable social components for ratings, tags, comments, blogs, wikis, forums, photo and video libraries, micro blogging, social networking along with syndication capabilities.
Omni-channel touch points
- In-context preview environment: Easily preview web pages as they would appear when published, regardless of device or location. Pages can also be previewed by language translation, output format/device, and user-segmented profiles.
- Ensure localized, contextual experiences: Multilingual content management, translation services, workflow wizards, and translation dashboards ensure localized content for your global audiences. See the demo on translation capabilities.
- Translation tools and split-screen edit capability: Send translation workflows off to a third-party translation service providers or engines.
- Social media integration: Provides in-context previewing and integration into all popular social media sites such as Facebook, Twitter, and LinkedIn.
- Enterprise architecture enhancements: Including clustering, API, and RESTFUL service improvements and enhanced deployment caching agent.
- Semantically enhanced SOLR search integration: Enhances semantic facets that enrich search results and content relevance for all end users.
- Enhanced content delivery: Sophisticated patented content caching capabilities turns static web sites into highly dynamic sites providing faster navigation for end users and reducing hardware costs.
- Flexible workflows: Workflow design tools manage all system workflows, task and content lifecyles. These workflows can easily map to pre-established business processes.
Compliance and Integration
- Integrated Records Management and archiving capabilities: Reduce security risks and adhere to corporate governance mandates by ensuring only approved content is published and archived from corporate sites.
- Automated Digital Asset Management synchronization: Items in OpenText Media Management can be accessed from within WEM and sets of assets (folders, categories, or other groupings) can be automatically synchronized and made available to WEM.
- Optimized for enterprise integrations: Provides pre-built connectors to OpenText Content Server, OpenText Portal, and Microsoft SharePoint.
We wanted to speak with a single voice across the college, and OpenText has allowed us to do that.
Belinda Allison, Manager, Application Development at Houston Community College
Product and Technical Overviews
- OpenText Web Experience Management Executive Brief
- OpenText Web Experience Management Product Sheet
- OpenText Web Experience Management Responsive Design Topic Sheet
- OpenText Web Experience Management Compelling Experiences Topic Sheet
- OpenText Web Experience Management Infographic